Marketed By: “Cipla“ ;
Indian Brand – “Osteofos Tablet” ;
Active Ingredient(s) – “Alendronic Acid” ;
Strength – “70mg” ;
Dosage Form – “Tablets” ;
Package Type – “Strips” ;
Package Size – “10Tablets” ;
Expiry – “1 Year to 2 Years” ;
Indication(s) – “used in the treatment of Osteoporosis(Arthritis).” ;
Osteofos 70mg Tablet is a bisphosphonate. It acts by suppressing the activity of osteoclasts, cells that cause the destruction of bone, thereby strengthening the bones and minimizing the risk of fractures.
At the cellular level, alendronate shows preferential localization to sites of bone resorption, specifically under osteoclasts.
Osteofos tablets 70mg contain alendronic, which is a bisphosphonate; a synthetic chemical similar to the naturally occurring mineral in bone called pyrophosphate that mediates bone turnover, a normal part of bone remodeling, which is a dynamic process that allows bones to grow and repair.
Each uncoated tablet contains Alendronic acid 70 mg of alendronate.
:-: Side effects:
- Musculoskeletal (skeletal, muscle or joint) pain,
- difficulty swallowing.
If you: you should not use Osteofos tablets 70 mg:
- Allergic to any component of 70 mg of alendronate or Osteofos tablets.
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding
- Some esophageal diseases, including dysphagia (dysphagia), esophageal disease, gastritis, duodenitis, ulcers,
- can not stand or sit up for at least 30 minutes
- Low blood calcium