Sofosbuvir also called as Sovaldi is the medicine that is used for treating the hepatitis C. Doctors recommend to take it with ribavirin. Sofosbuvir helps in reducing the HCV in a patient’s body and also avoid spreading it within the body. Make sure that the doctor is informed in case you have any kind of allergy with the ingredients used in Sofosbuvir.
- If a woman is expecting a child, planning to conceive or breastfeeding
- If a person is taking some medicines, be it prescribed or non prescribed, dietary supplement or herbal preparation
- If a person is allergic to some foods, medicines or substances
- If a person is suffering from liver problems apart of HCV. The other problems may be anemia or HIV
- If a person is on dialysis or has any problem in kidney
- If someone had liver transplantation
- If someone is taking amiodarone then it may lead to the slow heartbeat. Specifically, if you have a chronical liver disease or any heart-related problems
Sofosbuvir treat Hepatitis C by ensuring that it does not lead to the side effects related with the interferon. The person suffering from HCV is treated for 12-24 weeks and in 90% cases, the result was positive.
In Hepatitis C the liver of a person gets affected and it’s a viral disease. This disease doesn’t have any clear symptoms hence it becomes difficult to diagnose it timely. Once the disease is detected the sofosbuvir works as a boon. If not treated properly Hepatitis C can cause severe damage to the liver and as a result liver failure can also happen. Above all the worst part of a liver, infection is increased chances of liver cancer. Sofosbuvir helps in controlling the virus that can lead to all these chronic diseases. For children under the age of 12 or weighing less than 35 kg, a single dose of tablets and ribavirin must be given.